Let’s be honest – lice are the worst! Follow these simple steps to naturally remove these persistent pests.
Kirk’s Original Fresh Scent Bar Soap
- Start by shampooing hair with Kirk’s Original Coco Castile bar soap in comfortable hot water.
- Rinse & shampoo hair again.
- Tie towel around lathered hair and leave it on for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove Towel. Hair will be moist with soap.
- Do not rinse soap out. If hair dries during the combing process wet it again with water.
- Remove nits (lice eggs) with lice comb and fingernails.
- Rinse hair with comfortable hot water.
- Shampoo and condition hair again.
- Continue to follow this routine and remove nits every 2-3 days for 3 weeks.
- Shampooing kills head lice but does not remove the nits; combing is needed to effectively remove the eggs.
Check heads every two or three days for three weeks before declaring victory!
Kirks recommends that you try a small test patch before use.
Courtesy of Genesee County Health Department