Veggie Kabobs with Herb and Garlic Marinade
Cooking with garlic is an especially pungent task. But here’s a way to remove the odors that come with using this indispensable herb.
- 2 medium red or white potatoes
- 1 cup firm or extra-firm tofu chunks
- 1 cup red, yellow or green bell pepper chunks
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 cup red onion chunks
- 1 cup white button mushrooms
- 1 cup zucchini or yellow squash chunks
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon or lime juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
PREP TIME 20 minutes |INACTIVE TIME 2 hours COOK TIME 10 minutes
- Cook potatoes in salted water until fork tender; let cool and cut into 1-inch chunks. Place potatoes and the vegetables in a shallow dish or container. Pour Marinade over vegetables. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium heat.
- Remove vegetables from the Marinade, reserving Marinade. Thread vegetables onto skewers, alternating colors. Cook skewers on grill until vegetables are lightly charred all over, about 10 minutes, basting with reserved Marinade and turning occasionally.
Courtesy of foodnetwork.com
Rosemary & Sage
Special equipment: Wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
Marinade: Whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl. The marinade can be prepared in advance and held covered in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.